Ways to cut down on false alarms in Brooklyn
False alarms may become an actual issue for a home security system. Not only do they decrease the confidence you have in your installation, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Fortunately, you can do a number of things to reduce false alarms from your Brooklyn home security system.
As the first step, ensure that everything is connected correctly. This might sound like an obvious course of action, but it’s common that overlooked user errors lead to false alarms. For the next step, keep an eye on potential culprits of false alarms, such as entry points that may be kept unsecured inadvertently. And of course, you should try to integrate the many options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Brooklyn.
Is it really that straightforward? Continue on and find out.
Many false alarms in Brooklyn are avoidable
Just like you would address any concern, the initial step is to read the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all devices are set up properly on your end by:
- Executing a system analysis through your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually inspect each sensor to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need a new battery.
- Inspect your schedules and presets to make sure that your alarms aren’t engaging at inopportune times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart components are configured properly and aren't disrupting your system.
Call your Vivint specialist if you are still having problems cutting down false alarms in your Brooklyn system. They'll be happy to schedule a tech to examine your equipment.
Check your doors and windows
When your system appears to be alright, the subsequent step is to do an investigation of the house. Are all your entries closed tightly, or are any mistakenly cracked? If an entry point stays unlatched, it could trip a motion sensor. In the event your household constantly fails to shut a door, you could implement a smart lock that locks automatically when your home security is activated. Regrettably, windows require extra physical effort, especially if you have someone who likes to sleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it easy to deactivate that alarm while still shielding the remaining areas of the residence.
Smart home automation can be a great method to cut down on false alarms in Brooklyn
One of the most effective techniques to reduce the chance of false alarms is to incorporate smart home automation into your home security system. When utilizing your mobile security app, have the ability to:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you are home and avert false alarms caused by accidentally opening a door or window. You can then program the alarm to reactivate automatically again at night as you prepare for bed.
- Have your system disarm when your smart front door lock is activated with the proper PIN.
- Set geotracking to arm the alarm as you leave the premises, then disengage when you arrive home for the day.
- Get mobile alerts when your components detect unusual motion or require a fresh battery.
- Link your equipment to a smart home speaker, so you can disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Brooklyn when you get a Vivint smart home
Greater authority over your alarm system results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To customize your Vivint home security system, reach out to (929) 552-2194 or send in the form on this page.