How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Brooklyn smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into a cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in complete charge of your Brooklyn home’s security and automation. Learn more about how it will help you and explore tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Brooklyn help you?
Wirelessly coupling to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your home. You may arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a video doorbell, you may even chat with visitors at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also offers total remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can execute:
- Review live or saved footage from any linked security cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Brooklyn by implementing schedules or creating rules. To illustrate, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock when the fire alarm triggers.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll need to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in your house and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open door will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you may still arm the system by following the steps above. You will then confirm you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Brooklyn
Even though multiple users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will probably want to add an additional user at some point. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote access, tap email or phone and submit the details to send an invite.
- Hit Next and then create a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, tap users, select the user you would like to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Brooklyn security system. Call (929) 552-2194 to learn more.