Online purchasing and daily drop-offs have become commonplace for many homeowners. You appreciate the convenience of having packages left right at your door, but there is a downside. Those boxes on your doorstep are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy continues to be a serious concern, but you can take action against it by installing a doorbell camera with your home security system. These components are fantastic tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why they’ll likely be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Brooklyn video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of innovative features, and the technology keeps progressing. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and get instant notifications whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to find out how a Brooklyn video doorbell camera works is to look at the many advantages it gives you. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t find this on all models, but there are some smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging crime with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let porch pirates know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors on your porch and items on the surface below. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision give you a comprehensive perspective.
- Vivid images no matter the hour: What’s the use of having a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and hard to see? Top models will provide incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can get immediate updates from video doorbells that can tell the difference between people and boxes.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person standing at your main entry? Reciprocal audio allows you to inquire about what they want. You might even utilize this beneficial feature to scare off people hanging around your entrance.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to configure your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will allow you to reduce false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to video: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to view live and recorded video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can access them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll inform you when someone arrives, show you what’s going on, and even permit you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.